Are you looking for a job in 2nd line support? There are a number of job titles that can be seen as 2nd line support including IT Technician, PC Engineer and Desktop Support Analyst. If you are looking to get into IT support then you need to look at the potential interview questions that you may be asked in order to make sure you are prepared and have some idea of what you are going to say.
Here are some typical 2nd line support interview questions that you may be asked if you are getting interviewed for one of the support roles mentioned previously.
2nd line support interview questions
- How would you deal with handling multiple urgent queries at the same time?
- How do you prioritise which queries to deal with first?
- How would you help/communicate with an employee who is working remotely and lacks basic IT knowledge?
- Tell us about your experience working in a team.
- How do you think your current support skills will help you in this role?
- What is your troubleshooting process?
- What do you think is more important, technical knowledge or customer service?
- Can you describe how you went above and beyond to help a client/employee?
- If a system has a virus, how would you go about dealing with that?
Typical IT support interview questions
- How would you deal with an issue that you don’t know how to fix?
- What have your previous IT support qualifications/experience/roles taught you about IT Support?
- How would you deal with following protocol, even though it’s something you don’t agree with?
You can find a wide range of IT support interview questions here to help with the preparation of your interview.
These questions are to give you an insight into what to expect. However, these interview questions will change with the role and the company you are looking to work for. For example, if you are being interviewed for an IT support job for a small business, then you might also be expected to take on some other responsibilities which would typically come under 1st line support. Therefore you may be asked some 1st line support interview questions too.